The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Forum will be held on 18th October prior to the awards dinner. During the day the CILT is holding events of interest to those attending and to others.
In the morning there will be tours sponsored by Tranzit to either:
- Tranzit’s electric bus overhead “Super Charger” at Island Bay, by double decker electric bus, followed by a visit to Tranzit’s depot for a talk on e-bus operation; or
- NZTA’s Wellington Transport Operations Centre at Johnsonville, possibly along with a view of the Transmission Gully works at the Porirua end. A reserve option is a visit to the Opus Central Laboratories in Petone.
The tours start at 10:30 am and return to Grey St by 12:30, for lunch.
The afternoon forum will take the form of a panel on the topic of identifying the major challenges facing transport and logistics in New Zealand in meeting the country’s climate change targets. This is probably the first time the various parts of the NZ transportation and logistics sector have collectively faced/discussed with each other over the climate change targets.
These challenges may be:
- Infrastructure – Is there additional investment in capital required?
- Financial – will there need to be unplanned expenditure?
- Business strategies and operational targets – What is the impact? Will it be detrimental?
- Staff motivation – are they fully committed, are there any outcomes/incentives for staff?
- Daily operations – What would the impact be?
The tour, lunch, and forum together are $100 plus GST per person ($115).